The Little Rock Jihad
The Associated Press says the man on trial for murdering U.S. Army
Pvt. William Long at a recruiting center last June has now asked the
judge to let him plead guilty to murder and attempted murder. He
now claims he is "a soldier in Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula and
called the shooting 'a Jihadi Attack'." Surprise, surprise.
The New York Times first reported the alleged shooter’s letter to
the judge at its website on January 21 and today posted a follow-up
report saying that the Little Rock prosecutor was cool to the plea shift
because it would require waiving the death penalty.
was born Carlos Bledsoe, whose father owns a tour-bus company based in
Memphis, with a branch in Little Rock. Apparently young Bledsoe
was trained in the ways of jihad in Yemen, and his Muslim name became
Abdulhakim Muhammad. According to the New York Times, Muhammad
said in his letter, "I wasn’t insane or post-traumatic, nor was I forced
to do this act." Apparently this soldier of Allah does not want to
be denied the promised rewards for killing an infidel. No, he
wants full credit for his cowardly assault on non-combatants, although
he may also want to plea himself out of the death sentence prosecutors
seek. The Christmas bombing attempt in Detroit also had Yemeni
According to the AP story, "Muhammad has called the
shootings justified retaliation for U.S. military action in the Middle
East." Since I have previously written that the United States has
been in a religious war since September 11, 2001, I take all this as
corroboration of my view. Even Muslim-born, Muslim-educated Barack
Hussein Obama, who preferred to refer to our ongoing conflict as a
human-caused disaster or some such thing, now admits that the United
States is at war with Al Qaeda.
The Authorities Refuse To Take
His Plea -- "It Was A Jihadi Attack"
|A Tennessee man -- accused in a fatal
attack at a military recruiting center in Arkansas in June --
wants to plead guilty and claims to have ties to al Qaeda in Yemen
in a letter he wrote to the judge presiding over his case.
handwritten letter dated January 12, Abdul Hakim Muhammad said he did
not want a trial and insisted the shooting was "justified" under jihad
-- "This was a jihadi attack on infidel forces that didn't go as plan,"
he wrote. "Flat out truth."
It was not immediately clear whether
the judge, Herbert Wright Jr., would accept the plea. Muhammad's
lawyer, Claiborne Ferguson, called the letter "highly inappropriate."
"If my client had the intention of pleading guilty, it is misguided
and misinformed as to Arkansas law," Ferguson said from Memphis,
Tennessee, on Thursday. "He can't plead guilty to a capital crime."
That response is why Muhammad said he decided to bypass his lawyer
with a letter to Wright. He wrote that he believed it was "a lie"
that he could not plead guilty.
Muhammad, formerly known as
Carlos Bledsoe, is charged with killing Pvt. William Long, 23, and
wounding Pvt. Quinton Ezeagwula, 18. The attack happened on June 1
at a recruiting center in Little Rock, Arkansas. In June, Muhammad
pleaded not guilty to one count of capital murder and 16 counts of
engaging in a terrorist act.
Before pleading not guilty, Muhammad
waived his Miranda rights and gave a video statement indicating
political and religious motives, authorities said. He "stated that
he was a practicing Muslim ... that he was mad at the U.S. military
because of what they had done to Muslims in the past," Detective Tommy
Hudson wrote in a police report at the time.
police, "he fired several rounds at the soldiers with the intent of
killing them," according to Hudson's report.
In his letter to the
judge, Muhammad claimed he had links to al Qaeda in the Arabian
Peninsula in Yemen, a group that has claimed responsibility for the
attempting bombing of a U.S.-bound airliner on Christmas Day.
lawyer has no defense," he wrote. "I wasn't insane or post
traumatic nor was I forced to do this act. Which I believe and it
is justified according to Islamic laws and the Islamic religion jihad --
to fight those who wage war on Islam and Muslims."
|Muslim Wanted to Cause More Death
|Kristina Goetz says, Abdulhakim Mujahid
Muhammad, an American-born convert to Islam laments:
What I had in mind didn't go as planned but
Allah willing He will reward me for my intentions.
He planned for weeks, buying guns secondhand to
avoid the FBI. Then, to test whether the feds were watching, he
bought a .22-caliber rifle over the counter at Walmart. He
stockpiled ammo and practiced target shooting at empty construction
By his own account, he was preparing for jihad.
From a black Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Muhammad, a Memphis native,
watched two soldiers in fatigues smoking outside a military recruiting
center in Little Rock. He aimed an assault rifle out the window
Muhammad sped away, hoping to flee 150 miles to
Memphis where he would switch cars, but a wrong turn in a construction
zone led him to police. He stepped out of the SUV wearing a green
ammo belt around his waist.
"It's a war going on against Muslims, and
that is why I did it," an officer heard him say. "You see how I gave
up with no problem."
Much of this account emerges from police reports
and an 18-page mental-health evaluation contained in court files.
However, Muhammad tells a far broader, detailed story in seven
handwritten letters to The Commercial Appeal. Taken together,
those letters are not just an admission of guilt but a profession of
failure for having not caused more death and destruction.
letters, written in pencil between May and October, provide a rare
glimpse into the thoughts of a self-described jihadist, according to one
national security expert. Muhammad describes in his own words how
he took his declaration of Muslim faith in a Memphis mosque; his motives
for moving to Yemen and his attempt to travel to Somalia for weapons
training; how and why he planned multiple attacks in the U.S, including
ones in Nashville and Florence, Ky., that didn't go as intended; and how
he allegedly executed the Little Rock assault.
In his own words:
It's a war out against Islam and Muslims and
I'm on the side of the Muslims point blank ... The U.S. has to pay
for the rape, murder, bloodshed, blasphemy it has done and still
doing to the Muslims and Islam. So consider this a small retaliation
the best is to come Allah willing. This is not the first attack and
won't be the last.
Muhammad is yet to convince U.S. authorities he's
anything other than the murderer of Pvt. William A. Long of Conway, Ark.
He's being held on state charges, awaiting a February trial.
Continue reading about this dirtbag
here . . .
Copyright Beckwith 2010
All right reserved